The latest Mercedes-Benz Motability offers.
New A-Class Saloon
What is the Motability Scheme?
The Motability charity is a national charity dedicated to helping disabled people with their mobility needs. Their Motability Scheme is a leasing process designed to be simple and provide the flexibility and independence to those who want to be more mobile. This works by exchanging your government funded mobility allowance for a lease that’s appropriate for your needs. If you qualify but don’t drive yourself, the scheme also covers your carer, allowing you to still be mobile.
At Mercedes-Benz, we’re proud to support Motability and assist people in being more mobile by leasing out some of our most popular cars. Our scheme includes a wide range benefits that allows you the freedom to move about.
What’s included on the Motability scheme?
Under the Motability Scheme you can exchange your government funded mobility allowance for a brand new Mercedes-Benz. The Mercedes-Benz Mobility Scheme entitles you to a range of scheme benefits which includes:
- A new Mercedes-Benz every 3 years
- Motability Insurance, servicing and maintenance
- Full breakdown assistance
- Tyre and windscreen replacement
- 60,000 mileage allowance over 3 years
- Many adaptations at no extra cost
- Annual Road Fund Licence
- Up to two nominated drivers
Who’s eligible for the Motability Scheme?
For you, or the person you care for, to be eligible for the Motability Scheme through Mercedes-Benz, you must receive one of the following higher rate mobility allowances listed below, and you must also have at least 12 months’ award length remaining.
• Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance, the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment or the Armed Forces Independence Payment – currently £57.45 per week.
• War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement – currently £64.15 per week
How do I apply for a Motability car?
If you’re eligible for the Motability Scheme, you can apply to lease a Mercedes-Benz through one of our approved Retailers. When you visit the Retailer for your new Mercedes-Benz, you will need to bring the following documents:
- Both parts of your driving licence if you are going to drive
- Certificate of entitlement from either the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA)
- Proof of address such as a recent utility bill or bank statement
- Nominated drivers' driving licences and consent for their details to be checked by the DVLA
- Details of any previous accidents and driving convictions that you, or your nominated driver holds
Collecting your car
Before collecting your new Mercedes-Benz, you will need to complete a signed agreement between yourself and Motability Operations. This simple online process is carried out at the retailer using your Personal Identification Number (PIN), which you will receive once your application has been accepted.
Finally, if your Mercedes-Benz has an Advance Payment*, you will need to pay this to the retailer upfront.
*Advance Payment covers the difference between the cost of your car and your allowance paid over the length of the agreement. Non-refundable.
Want to find out more about Motability cars available to you?
Contact us for more information on Motability cars and offers.